Friday, August 29, 2008

Is this really not funny???

Seriously, I need a funny-check....
About six months ago, Honey came out of the kitchen holding a little piece of foil. It was the foil from the lid of my quart box of soy milk. (Hey. Don't knock it until you're tried it. It is YUMMY!) He carried it all the way back into the master bathroom where I was getting ready for work. He said to me, "You know what really bugs me? When you leave these little pieces of foil on the counter." I giggled. I had probably left them on the counter, maybe twice, three times at most. What made me giggle is that OUR KITCHEN WAS A DISASTER AREA at the time. The sink was full of dirty dishes. There were cans and glass bottles and newspapers, all needing to go to the recycle bin out back and the table was COVERED with his mail from the past oh...6 months. Yet, it was the little tiny piece of foil that I forgot to toss in the trash that bugs him??? It's not like I drink a box of soy milk a day. It takes me about 5 days, so it's not like they were building up. AND...I wasn't finished in the kitchen getting my lunch together, so I was going back in there and would most likely have seen it and thrown it away.

Okay. Fast forward to yesterday. I have been saving up these little foil toppers for the past three months. I've been hiding them in a secret place until I had enough to completely cover the little cutting board that resides on the counter...the scene of the crime six months ago when I left that little one by accident. Yesterday I decided my stash was a-plenty so I hatched my plan. I wrote a sweet little message on a Post-it, put it on the cutting board and then covered the cutting board with the little foil toppers. The whole while giggling like a little school girl.

When I got home, nothing. The cutting board hadn't been touched. It was as if he missed it completely, which would have been impossible. Well, being the impatient person that I am, I called him. I slyly asked him if he found my secret sweet note. He said, "What note?" I said it was hidden someplace funny....he said, "No." So when he came home I said, "HEY! Did you NOT see the funny little foil thingys on the cutting board???" He replied, "Yeah, I saw them but thought it was kind of crazy and a little schizophrenic..." He didn't even crack a smile.


"I mean think about it, you never hear the word "oy" and not smile. Impossible. Funny, funny word. "Poodle" is another funny word. Very funny. I know. Funny is funny. This isn't funny. I am now desperate, lonely and a criminal."

1 comment:

GETkristiLOVE said...

It's funny, but knowing your honey, not surprising.

QweenB

Qween of movie quotes and random useless facts