Friday, February 29, 2008

Skates, skates, skates



I love skating. Ice hockey skating, that is. I had some issues with skates when I first started (think: skates 4 sizes too big) but then I found a pair of Bauer Supreme 6000 (made in Canada) and they were like butta'. After four years, it was time to retire them. They had lost all their support in the ankles. Damn. So I went in November and got Bauer (now Nike crap made in China) Supreme 70 [picture on the right]. At first I LOVED them like my 6000. Then, one week into wearing them, I blew out the top left grommet on the right boot. Huh? $240 skates? (I wear junior sizes so I save $200 on them.) Bauer warrantied them and gave me another pair. Yep. One week later, same grommet. Same boot. Same problem. Bauer decided it was me, not their Chinese boot. They did "give" me another pair but told me under no uncertain terms that this was the last pair they'd "give" me. This one lasted two weeks. Shit. Damn. Fuck. (Can I say fuck on Blogspot?)


So the boys at PB, my fav hockey shop, convinced me to get custom Graf 705 skates [picture on the left]. All leather. Made in Canada. Craftmanship guaranteed for life. I did it. What did I have to lose, other than $420. On February 2, I spent almost an hour having my foot measured (very tickly) and now I wait. It could take up to 12 weeks. Sure hope that Chinese plastic holds up until then.

No comments:

QweenB

Qween of movie quotes and random useless facts