Wednesday, April 2, 2008

APRIL FOOL'S!!!

This was the BEST birthday, um, in a very long time. I was going to say EVER, but I think my 30th was perdy damn good, too. So was my 20th...I was in Vienna for that one...ah, good times...no foolin'!

39 Fun things to do/see/get when you're a fool and want to celebrate it:
  1. Waking up to a GIANT pot of brewed NM Pinon coffee
  2. Drinking all 48oz of #1---powered me through #s 3-39
  3. Skate for 4.5 hours, 1.5 hours of that on your very own private sheet of ice (I should just stop there because it couldn't possibly get any better than that!!!)
  4. Getting half an hour and a Sk8nSht comp'ed by rink guy because it's my Day! (Oh, that's almost as good as #3.)
  5. Laughing hysterically with teammates at 5:15AM lesson...KB going ass-first over the pads, into the net...
  6. All my fav songs played at the rink and volume at the max!
  7. No other coaches & students during my lesson. (Very close to being as good as #3.)
  8. Fruit basket from my mama (I knew I should have stopped with #3!)
  9. Fruit basket with ONE York Peppermint Patty. (Things that make me go, "hmmmm...")
  10. BOD made up for #8/9 by making me HOMEMADE strawberry cupcakes (YUMYUMYUM!)
  11. Calls from all my fam and good friends
  12. Target gift card
  13. iTunes gift card
  14. Archiver's gift card
  15. Enchanted...Patrick Dempsey is h-o-t.
  16. Straight hair, and I didn't put any effort into it
  17. SWEET card from H...awwwwww.....that's my guy!
  18. Framed pic of J-ML taking a wicked slap-shot (YES on the right foot!!!)
  19. Gorgeous double ring silver necklace from TFNY'S (perdy, so perdy! LOVE the little blue boxes!)
  20. Dinner (Thai food-yummy) with good friends in Denver, and they live in WY!
  21. German Riesling x 2
  22. Juicy Juice (thanks, SV!)...Let it Bee, tee hee!
  23. St. Liberata (needed her Saturday night apparently!)
  24. Taking #23 out with me to be my wingman every time I party. She can be trusted. Some guys, not so much.
  25. Vodka/crans at the bar
  26. Blues/rock bands at the bar
  27. Dinner and drinks in Denver
  28. Card from my boss that says, "Wishes for a great day to a fool...no foolin'!" He's a funny guy!
  29. Basket of blooming perennial bulbs (my fav) from mama---to make up for #8/9? No! It was BOGO at the floral shop! No kidding.
  30. Gift card for a spa-pedi from my staff! And it's at my fav salon! They are awesome!
  31. Hearing my 8-yr old nephew sing, "Happy Birthday to you, you're a hundred and two, you look like a monkey and you live in a zoo...or maybe you smell like one too!"
  32. Didn't care for the 102 part in #31...he's 8, what does he know?
  33. Favorite work colleague singing to my voice mail box from her hospital bed, at the top of her lungs in her narcotic-induced state, at 3:15AM, "HAPPY, um, DAY, ah, BIRTHDAY, and...ah...oh, yeah, B-girl! Happy something, um...yes, right, HAPPY! HAPPY!" Don't panic. Narcotics are prescribed and necessary for horrific bike accident.
  34. No management meetings at work for one whole day. (Nearly as good as #3, but not quite. Need more of #1 to get through them.)
  35. Confirmation email from Nike...Team A-B is officially registered for the SanFran Women's Marathon. WOO HOO!!!
  36. Finding a gas station with gas for $3.06/gal! It was $3.19 most everywhere else.
  37. #36 was ON my way, not OUT of my way!
  38. Avs clinching a playoff berth with
  39. Peter the Great's first goal of the season!!!

Gift from my Ram: "You should find that people are more willing than ever to help you out with your various plans and projects, so don't be shy about asking! You may find that they're in need of some serious guidance, though."


Ram:4

B:0


Sleep Study v 2.1: if you only get a couple hours of sleep several nights in a row, it'll feel like you have a hangover without the fun the night before.



3 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

Well deserved to a "nice lady!" Keep St. Liberta close baby.

Bug O' Death said...

Everyone's birthday should be so great!!! You deserve it:)

QweenB said...

Thanks, girls! You both helped make is GRRRRREAT!! I hope you can have such a great time on your birthdays this year...hint, hint...

QweenB

Qween of movie quotes and random useless facts