Monday, September 15, 2008

2 vs 3 or is it 3 vs 2??


I'm a fidgeter. I fidget. A flibbity jibbit. I twiddle and tap. Tip tap. My foot or leg are always going. Go. Go. Go. I sway back and forth. Left to right. Front to back. I can't sit still. It's even worse now that I have all this freakin energy. I'm wondering if I've had adult ADD all along and I've just been branded a procrastinator who can't sit still. It is an actual recognized DSM-IV (or is it V?) disease/disorder. Crazy, huh? So to speak...

[Useless trivia: Not to be left out of the multi-billion dollar drug race, Ortho-McNeil Pharm has a drug just for AADD: Concerta. Wow. Really? Yes. Better living through pharmaceuticals, I guess. Oh, it's also prescribed for adults with Tourette's. Maybe Bug and I could share a script!]
"I don't think I want to know a six-year-old who isn't a dreamer, or a sillyheart. And I sure don't want to know one who takes their student career seriously. I don't have a college degree. I don't even have a job. But I know a good kid when I see one. Because they're ALL good kids, until dried-out, brain-dead skags like you drag them down and convince them they're no good. You so much as scowl at my niece, or any other kid in this school, and I hear about it, and I'm coming looking for you! Here's a quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam."

I wonder if this has something to do with my fascination with numbers. I make patterns with every number around me. Phone numbers. Addresses. Dates. Numbers of things on lists. The order of lists. It's kind of Rainman-esque, without the entire savant part and I can almost function in society as long as no one gets in my way.

"It's a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Straight 8. Fireball 8. Only 8,985 production models. Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway. But not on Monday, definitely not on Monday."
"Sally Dibbs, Dibbs Sally. 461-0192. "
Don't even get me started on multiples of three...I started playing softball in the in third grade and my chosen number was 9. I wore that number for many, many years. Nine is a magic number. I know, I know, in the last post I said 300 was a magic number, but I just lose my head around numbers. They are all so wondrous.

Just make things even and in proper multiples and no one gets hurt!

So I was recently asked if I prefer two really hard workouts in a day or three medium workouts in a day. How can a number freak addicted to endorphins answer that? Two. No. Three. Definitely two. Three, right? How about, depends on the day??? Depends on what I feel like??? Some days I need three. Others, two. I choose not to choose. How's that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap, and you know it !!

GETkristiLOVE said...

My favorite movie quote about numbers:
Yeah. Yeah, sexy, huh? How 'bout this for a number? Six. That's how old my other daughter is, eight is the age of my son, two is how many times I've been married - and divorced; sixteen is the number of dollars I have in my bank account. 850-3943. That's my phone number, and with all the numbers I gave you, I'm guessing zero is the number of times you're gonna call it.

QweenB said...

Mr. Anonymous: It is not crap. You just don't like it. Doesn't make it crap.

GKL: GREAT QUOTE! I always forget about Erin B. GREAT MOVIE!

QweenB

Qween of movie quotes and random useless facts