Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Bug Blooms

Here are some rare, never-seen photos of Bug O' Death. She is wearing her very special helmet cover. (It's actually a swim cap on loan from a male teacher she works with, who is also the best player on our men's team. He wore it at a pie throwing contest at their school. I gotta say, my schools and teachers SUCKED compared to the fun things BOD does with her students!!!)

Sadly, the jackass refs wouldn't let the Bug skate with her new look. It apparently posed some kind of hazard...rubber cap, rubber flowers...someone could lose an EYE or maybe even DIE! "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"
Which just reminded me a funny thing my youngest nephew once said to me. He was sitting next to me at his first ever hockey game...we were watching H's team. The ref made a bad call (are you seeing a THEME here, people??) and I let slip, "Come on, Jackass, let them play." Without missing a beat, the 7-year old says, "NeNe, I think he's a zebra, not a jackass."

4 comments:

Bug O' Death said...

Damn refs... again... I'm sure it's why we lost in the shootout... Oh, and the fact that we didn't put you out as one of the 3 shooters:)

QweenB said...

Refs just keep getting in our way! I probably would have lost the puck half way to the goalie in the shootout. At least I'm good for comic relief!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Rubber is never a hazard... it's protection! And that's A Christmas Story - I got one finally!

Your story reminded me of a time I was helping my boyfriend's nephew put on his socks and shoes to go outside. I asked him to give me his foot. To which, he replied: "The foot? You can't handle the foot!"

Funny shit.

QweenB said...

FUNNY ASS SHIT!

QweenB

Qween of movie quotes and random useless facts