Sunday, March 9, 2008

Screw Graf and their little 705s, too!


So, once again, my Fool's Day Baby mo-jo works against me. (My daddy told my mama not to have me on April 1. He said I'd be cursed the rest of my life. It's about the only thing I agree on with him. Oh, that and his love for dogs. He treats them better than he treats people. I do the same.) I spoke/wrote too soon. Five weeks after ordering my custom Graf skates, the hockey shop calls me and tells me Graf can't make my skates. HUH? My arch is too high and the depth of my foot from the top of my ankle to the back of my heel is too great. HUH? THEY ARE CUSTOM!!!! CUSTOM, by definition, I believe means MAKE THEM TO FIT ANY FOOT. So the uppity Canadian Graf know-it-alls want to make me G70s instead of the 705s. Problem: G70s are plastic, not leather, cost $60 more (FOR PLASTIC INSTEAD OF LEATHER???), and aren't even off the production line so it will take at least a couple more months. So I'm supposed to pay $480 for plastic skates SIGHT-UNSEEN????????????????????????

After much deliberation with Coach and H, I decided to NOT get the Grafs. I'm going to buy TWO pairs of my current skates (they are on sale online for $150 now because they are 2007's model) and send them to some skate guru in MN to have the eyelets reinforced. That adds $90 per pair.
Maybe it was because I posted my joy for custom skates on Leap Day and that combined with my Fool's Day Bad Mojo led Karma to bite me in the ass. Or, my feet truly are a freakshow.

I think I have lost my mind.

2 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

You haven't lost your mind, only your chest size. Now what am I to do with your bday present that won't fit?!

QweenB said...

We could make a tent out of it...

QweenB

Qween of movie quotes and random useless facts