Wednesday, March 5, 2008

J-ML: My Fav Av

MY FAVORITE AVALANCHE Player, although Super Joe and Little Kyle Cumiskey are a very close 2nd and 3rd....

John-Michael Liles #4

Position: Defenseman
Shoots: Left
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 185
Born: Nov 25 '80 (Age 27)
Born in: Indianapolis, IN, United States
COL Season: 4th
NHL Season: 4th
Drafted: Colorado's 5th round choice, 159th overall, in 2000
Acquired:Colorado's eighth round selection (159th overall) in the 2000 Entry Draft

I aspire to play some day just like him. He's an offensive defenseman. He's quick. He's fast. He's powerful. He scored the game winner over the Canucks last night. WOO HOO!!! And his goal celebration is modest, yet excited. (More on those later...)




He is always ready to jump into any play. He mixes it up and doesn't take crap from anyone on the ice, even the big goons like Niedermeyer.

I seriously need to apply what I see him do to my games. Well, not the full-on checking part, but the speedy, offensive, quick-feet, quick shots business.

He was born in the good 'ole USA. He's really not Canadian. Hard to believe. Oh, and he's just plain fine to look at.
For a long time, and even now (sometimes), H mutters under his breath how J-ML is a terrible passer, has bad turnovers, and doesn't finish his checks. He knows this bugs me, yet he continues. I just sit back and enjoy the show. I have to say, though, I was having heart palpitations the few weeks leading up to the trade deadline. There were so many rumors that J-ML was on the block. (There's also a rumor Coach Q doesn't like Liles' play....rumors and mere speculation.) I just can't imagine going to a game and not seeing him flying down the ice. If the coaching staff were so unimpressed with My Boy's play, why did he see ice time in every PP last night, along with Sakic, Forsberg, Hejduk, and Stastny????? That is possibly one of my favorite lines EVER!

1 comment:

Bug O' Death said...

Yeah... I love'd that line too... Well of course anything with Stastny is a great line:)

J-ML has been playing out of his mind since the trade deadline... Now that all the pressure has been removed he's free to skate like monkey:)

QweenB

Qween of movie quotes and random useless facts