Monday, March 17, 2008

Runnin' O' the Green...

Tips for Runnin' O' the Green 7k in Denver

*Don't stay out until 3:00am drinking vodka with friends, getting only three hours of sleep the night before.

*If you lose almost 90lbs, make sure you try on your cold-gear running tights, or you'll be holding them up the entire 7k!

*If you use your bra as a cell phone holder, don't forget to take it out before you leave your car.

*If you forget to remove your phone from above mentioned cell phone holder, and your big brother calls 5 minutes before the gun sounds, even if you haven't talked to him in a month, don't pick it up. Between the bagpippers and the announcer, you won't hear him and he won't hear you. Something about my entire family having breakfast at my brother's...mom...dad...in the same room...eating????

*Check out the race course BEFORE you get there or your race could be 7+k...(And I haven't learned this from past experience! I used to run the Blue Mountain Women's Run every year in Missoula. One year I missed the 5k turn and did the 10k by mistake. I couldn't figure out why it was the longest 5k of my life!)
*Check your hockey calendar before you sign up for the race. Or vice versa. 60 minutes between race finish, drive to rink, and playoff game is just not enough.
*It's a freakin' St. Patty's Day run. Remember to wear SOMETHING green for christ's sake!

*Just say no to Killian's Red as the post-race drink!

*Just say no to corned beef bagels as the post-race snack!
*After the race, don't forget where you park your car...
Best part of the race? 36:57!!!
Finisher's Cheap Plastic Cup
Me and 2,000 of my good friends

2 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

I'm sorry, was that me keeping you out late drinking vodka? We were not out drinking late, the bars close early - or it seems like that when you get out of the rink at midnight!

QweenB said...

GKL: Never, ever be sorry for keeping me out drinking vodka! And they do close too early, unless, apprently, when Ryan is the bartender!

QweenB

Qween of movie quotes and random useless facts